By tomorrow morning, US 33 eastbound will be able to drive over Interstate 270 into Dublin with NO DETOUR. By Saturday morning, US 33 westbound will be completely open and so will the two loop ramps that have been closed since June – I-270 SB to US 33 EB and US 33 WB to I-270 SB.
To make that open, motorists will be impacted during the overnight hours both tonight and tomorrow night.
Thursday, December 3, 2015 – Ramp 33EB to I-270 NB Closure for striping
- 9 p.m. ramp from US 33EB to I-270NB closed.
- Detour: I-270SB to Tuttle Crossing Blvd. to I-270NB.
- 9 p.m. ramp from US 33 EB to I-270 SB closed.
- Detour: I-270 NB to Sawmill Rd. to I-270 SB.
- 5 a.m. the ramps will open, and there will be two lanes of US 33 EB open over Interstate 270 into Dublin.
The two ramps will not be closed simultaneously as they are detours for each other.
Friday, December 4, 2015 – I-270NB to US 33WB Ramp Closure to move barriers, install pavement markings and adjust signage.
- 9 p.m. ramp from I-270NB to 33WB closed.
- Detour: I-270NB to Sawmill Rd. to I-270SB to US 33WB.
- 9 p.m. I-270 southbound will be reduced to three lanes.
By 9 a.m. Saturday all lanes on I-270 south are open along with two lanes on US 33 westbound towards Marysville. The ramps—US 33 WB to I-270 SB and I-270 SB to US 33 EB – will be open just as they were prior to construction in June.
The project is only halfway complete. There will be more closures and restrictions next year.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and please contact us with any questions or concerns. www.facebook.com/ODOTColumbusDistrict6.
For more information: Contact: Nancy Burton, District 6 Communications, at (614) 205-3131, Breanna Badanes, District 6 Communications, at (740) 833-8222.